Regional Community Engagement and Partnering Coordinator
World Vision Bangladesh
Job Description / Responsibility
- Support in developing guideline and tools for effective community engagement and partnering.
- Provide support to Area Program (AP) in developing AP plan with appropriate community engagement process.
- Support Grant/ Private none sponsorship fund (PNS)/APs and other departments in developing new programs/ projects at Regional field office/ National Office level.
- Form, nurture and keep local organizations functional like VDC/ UCDC/CBO/CVA group/local NGOs/Union Parishad etc.
- Provide technical support to APs for assessment capacity of partners, due diligence check, develop their capacity building plan and implement those accordingly.
- Develop ‘annual event plan’ related to community engagement and partnering at RFO level and give efforts to implement accordingly.
- Ensure quality of community engagement process in planning and implementation of AP plans with special focus on Community engagement and sponsorship program (CESP).
- Support/lead roll out of partnership initiatives at Regional field office (RFO) and Area Program (AP) level.
- Facilitate to conduct ‘Annual Community Review and Planning’ event and document the learnings at RFO level.
- Support in identifying micro projects at AP level with appropriate partners.
- Build capacity of World Vision Bangladesh RFO and AP staff in community engagement and local partnering.
- Produce regular process monitoring reports of community engagement and partnering and support in developing ‘Annual CESP’ report.
- Maintain coordination with RFO other positions for keeping team mandate functional.
- Design and conduct learning events involving RFO staff, partners (other NGOs, Government, community groups).
- Support RFO and AP level staff to identify potential partners for PNS/Grant fund projects.
- Assist AP staff to closely monitoring the Shared Projects implementation quality and partners relational issues, conflicts etc. and assist the Area program manager (APM) to resolve it.
- Support AP staff to assess and evaluate the local partnering Project’s end result and redesigning.
- Post-graduation degree in social science.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age 28 to 50 year(s)
- Supervising and Managing skills with influencing capability.
- Work experience in partnership development and capacity building.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and handle multiple assignments with quality and within agreed time-frame.
- Must be willing and able to travel nationally and locally as and when required.
- Understands CVA, different models and tools.
- Have knowledge in assessing quality of program progress.
- Skilled in developing guideline and tools related with community engagement and partnering.
- Have knowledge and skill in developing MoU and Agreement with partners.
- High level of facilitation skills with different methods and techniques at all level.
- Have knowledge and skill in forming/facilitating community organization i.e. VDC/ UCDC/CVA group/CBOs.
- Able to apply critical thinking and reflection in the daily work.
- Able to design & facilitate learning events (workshop, learning lab, reflection).
- Able to compile, summarize and present information in various forms for various audiences.
- Communicate effectively including influencing skills.
- Understand different theories of development & integrated programming approach.
- Support team effectiveness.
- Bogra, Dhaka Division, Khulna Division, Mymensingh Division
- As Per Organizational Policy.
- Online Job Posting
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be called up for interview.
Application Deadline : Jul 6, 2017
World Vision Bangladesh
Address : Abedin Tower (2nd floor), 35 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka – 1213, P.O. Box: 9071
Business : World Vision (WV) is an established international Christian humanitarian development and advocacy organization dedicated for working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their fullest potential by tackling the causes of poverty & injustice. It serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender or ability.
Being a child-focused organization, World Vision has the responsibility to ensure safety & protection of the children while they come in contact with the staff; accordingly all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child Protection Policy. Persons with a history of child rights and child protection violation are discouraged to apply.
Female are specially encourage to apply.