Save the Children jobs circular in August 2017 Deadline: August 09, 2017 position of Project Manager – Climate Change Adaptation vacancy in Save the Children jobs circular in Bangladesh.
Save the Children invites application for the following position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
Project Manager – Climate Change Adaptation
(This is a contractual position for 1 year initially, possibility of further extension)
Number of position: 1 (One)
Job location: Dhaka
- This position will be mainly responsible for providing guidance in all aspect of the Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) Project.
- In this capacity, s/he will directly contribute in planning, implementation, and monitoring of the project activities, as well as provide support to the fellow SC staff and coordinators of partner NGOs for successful implementation of the project.
- S/he needs to work with children, communities and partners to identify risks or change effects of climate change; ensure that they are prepared to deal with these risks and changes; support them in developing their adaptation plan; increase the level of analysis and preparedness for adaptation.
- S/he will also manage the overall project budget and compile progress reports for donor and s/he needs to provide support to develop new concept notes, EoI and proposals for funding.
- S/he needs to represent SCI at different national and international forums and platforms and to liaison with government agencies to advocate for child sensitive adaptations.
- At least 06 years of working experiences, preferably in the areas of CCA (Climate Change Adaptation) and/or DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction), including 3 years in management position.
- S/he is expected to have sufficient knowledge on climate change issues in Bangladesh, be willing to work in remote rural communities, have excellent communication skills both in English and Bangla, especially in the writing of analytical reports.
- Strong in staff supervision and project budget management, ability to work independently with limited direct supervision by the line manager.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Social Sciences/Disaster Management/Climate Change Adaptation or relevant discipline.
For detailed job description and to apply online, please visit: http://bangladesh.savethechildren.net
Application deadline: 09 August, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’