Asst. Coordinator (IGA & Training), Suchana Project
- This position is mainly responsible to ensure technical support to the field for smooth implementation to reduce undernutrition leading to stunting in children under 2 years of age living within 250,000 very poor households with women of reproductive age (15-45 years) under Suchana Project. This group includes adolescent girls 15-19 years old girls and young unmarried women to prevent undernutrition prior to conception. The programme will also work to address wider social and gender norms which inhibit adolescent girls from reaching their full potential e.g. lack of decision making power, early marriage, early pregnancy, leaving school early, and women`s limited mobility. The position is based in any Upazila of Sylhet.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Major Job Responsibilities of Assistant Coordinator (IGA & Training) will be as follows:
- Facilitate liaison and overall communication and coordination among upazila based Suchana technical specialists providing support to the five pillars of the project, and partners with staff based in the office;
- Facilitate smoothly operation of IGA/Input distribution at field level through proper guidance according to maintain respective agency and project direction;
- Training Need Assessment and prepared training schedule and tracking training related information of Suchana project;
- Assist to IPPC to prepare Monthly, quarterly and yearly report writing;
- Arrange training at Upazila and District level on IGA as well as others related issues on Suchana;
- Develop various training module and guideline for Suchana;
- Business plan development and coordination with all upazila office;
- Facilitate, organize and moderate trainings, workshops, seminars;
- Provide technical leadership for work planning and setting of project targets in an integrated and coherent manner;
- Support monitoring, evaluation and reporting of progress in project implementation and achievement of targeted results;
- Ensure quality control and timely submission of all deliverables for Upazilla- level project activities;
- Coordinate and supervise activities in the field level;
- Maintain linkage and functional relationship with Upazilla administration and lined agencies;
- Provide support in all gender sensitive issues to the staff;
- Assure compliance with procurement, accounting, documentation and reporting according to Suchana/organizational policies and procedures;
- Provide guidance to all staff based in the region, and ensure effective coordination and collaboration with other partner-hired staff based in that region;
- Organize monthly meeting with staff at upazila and District level;
- Attend Go and NGO, monthly coordination meeting of different ministries at upazila level;
- Any other activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Masters in any discipline (Health/ Nutrition/ Agriculture will be preferred).
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age At most 45 year(s)
- At least 05 years experience in the relevant field (IGA/Training) of which 02 years in managerial level in any reputed NGO; Year of experience may be relaxed for those who have experience to work both in IGA and Training;
- Working experience in inclusive value chain development or enterprise development activities;
- Working experience on guideline, Module preparation and training conduction;
- Working experience on IGA distribution and well tracking system establishment;
- Proven analytical abilities, good documentation and report writing skill;
- Strong decision making ability and motivational skills especially with rural communities;
- Proven experience on report writing and documentation skills;
- Proven leadership quality to facilitate the target groups to protect and promote indigenous, eco-
- friendly farm practices and farmer interests;
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills;
- Good communication skill in English and Bangla;
- Ability to effective coordination;
- Mentality to field visit frequently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Physical fitness required for frequent field visits and extensive travel;
- Self motivated, energetic team player;
- Ability to adapt and work with all genders, religions, nationalities and ages.
- Sylhet (Sylhet Sadar)
- Tk. 35000
- As per project budget and organizational policy.
- Online Job Posting
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview through cell phone/ SMS/ Email.
Any persuasion will disqualify candidature. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
RDRS is a non smoking working environment.
Application Deadline : Apr 25, 2017
Address : RDRS Bangladesh, Jail Road, Radhaballav, Rangpur
Web : www.rdrsbangla.net
Business : RDRS Bangladesh is a national development NGO works for rural development by empowering the rural poor in northwest Bangladesh. RDRS was formally established as the Bangladesh field programme of the Geneva-based Lutheran World Federation/Department for World Service (LWF/DWS) on 8 February 1972. Its development aim is to achieve sustainable increases in their living standards. With this aim, RDRS enables those who participate in its programme to gain the necessary skills, understanding, confidence, institutions and services; and ensure that the rural communities have the necessary economic, social and environmental resources. RDRS employees approximate 3,000 staff and works with a further approximately 3,000 volunteers and daily paid workers. The vast majority of staff are in field positions, with specialist sectoral and support units in Rangpur and Dhaka.