Project Officer (International Citizen Service Project)
- RDRS Bangladesh is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the position of Project Officer under International Citizen Service Project supported by VSO Bangladesh. Project Officer is responsible for implementing International Citizen Service (ICS) project. The Project focuses on improving livelihood and ensures sexual reproductive health rights of youth and women through ensuring governance of the local government and service providers. The project officer will provide technical support as partner representative to the stakeholders, execute project plan, conduct and coordinate training activities, implement, manage and monitor project activities, communicate with relevant stakeholders, prepare reports. The role requires working with project partners and socially excluded groups staying at rural area of North west or South East of the country.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Major Job Responsibilities of Project Officer (International Citizen Service Project) will be as follows:
- Project implementation:
- Proactively support volunteer to prepare Team plan and implement the ICS programme with consultation of partner executives, VSO PC and the Team leaders
- Support directly to the ICS volunteers for implementing the activities.
- Provide support to volunteers to develop institutional linkages in the project areas
- Mobilize and strengthen Youth club
- Volunteer Support:
- Select, assess and make agreement of host homes for the volunteers following ICS guidline
- Be the first point of contact for ICS volunteers on administration, logistical, cultural and financial matters during their placement.
- Coordinate with the Project Coordinator for supporting volunteers for the medical, security and emergency issues
- Actively support volunteers in the relevant geographical zone in conducting introductory workshop, facilitating process to develop work plan and other relevant proactive support regarding placement in consultation with Project Coordinator .
- Training management:
- Support Volunteer to Prepare training and lesson plan
- Organize, conduct and coordinate training activities
- Training monitoring and post training follow up at volunteers and beneficiaries level
- Communication/liaison with stakeholders:
- Make liaison with the local business community, training market actors and required institutions
- Assist to hire expert organization, trainer to meet the technical support of volunteers for providing training volunteers & beneficiaries
- Market system development :
- Assist volunteers to Market assessment for products and services
- Assist to volunteer to Identify market actors, ensure producers’ access to market
- Masters in any Discipline (Social Science will be preferred).
- At least 3 year(s)
- Age At most 35 year(s)
- Minimum 3 years experience in implementing programmes of enterprise development/livelihoods in national/international NGOs;
- Working experience with the community people for non-agro based projects/programmes;
- Relevant experience in managing national and International Volunteers;
- Excellent project implementation skills; basic knowledge on developing log frames;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with team members and project stakeholders. Excellent influencing negotiation and persuading skills;
- Experience in managing team /Volunteers and project stakeholders;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills; keen to work in a stress situation;
- Excellent time management skill and maintains to do list;
- Experience of managing project budget and ensuring burn rate;
- Identify field problems and share with project team to solve the problems. Provide appropriate decisions to the project team as per requirements;
- Age may be relaxed for deserving candidates.
- Dinajpur, Dinajpur (Birampur)
- Tk. 25000
- As per project budget and organizational policy.
- Online Job Posting
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview through cell phone/ SMS/ Email.
Any persuasion will disqualify candidature. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
RDRS is a non smoking working environment.
Application Deadline : May 7, 2017
Address : RDRS Bangladesh, Jail Road, Radhaballav, Rangpur
Web : www.rdrsbangla.net
Business : RDRS Bangladesh is a national development NGO works for rural development by empowering the rural poor in northwest Bangladesh. RDRS was formally established as the Bangladesh field programme of the Geneva-based Lutheran World Federation/Department for World Service (LWF/DWS) on 8 February 1972. Its development aim is to achieve sustainable increases in their living standards. With this aim, RDRS enables those who participate in its programme to gain the necessary skills, understanding, confidence, institutions and services; and ensure that the rural communities have the necessary economic, social and environmental resources. RDRS employees approximate 3,000 staff and works with a further approximately 3,000 volunteers and daily paid workers. The vast majority of staff are in field positions, with specialist sectoral and support units in Rangpur and Dhaka.