Oxfam employs more than six thousand people in 90 countries who share a commitment to work together to end poverty and suffering. It is committed to ensure diversity and gender equality within the organization and welcomes applications from women, person with disability and under-represented groups. Oxfam does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on their HIV/AIDS status. The organization has been working in Bangladesh since the War of Independence and has established a permanent country office in 1972. Since then it has responded to all major emergencies in the country. Oxfam’s current program focuses on Economic Justice & Resilience, Gender and Women’s Leadership and Humanitarian Capacity Building and Response
Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with poverty, and we work together to end this injustice for everyone. Thousands of Oxfam employees already commit their time and talents to make this happen. Join us now.
Senior Program Officer – Public Health Engineering
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh, Job Type: 2 Years (Fixed Term)
Salary & Benefits: BDT. 10,56,451 (13 months) per annum gross with other benefits e.g. medical for spouse and children, contributory Provident fund, gratuity, leave & Insurance etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a dynamic team player who will ensure high levels engineering design in WASH programming and its high quality implementation both for emergency and resilience programme by enhancing partners’ and Oxfam staff engineering technical capacity. The position also coordinate and facilities for different surveys, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of engineering component. This position is responsible for ensuring that findings from the monitoring of the project are documented properly, analyzed and used to improve further quality of the field implementation.
This post will manage, coordinate, provide hands-on technical support and lead in the implementation of the engineering and technical activities of different projects through partners in line with the recommendations and support of other WASH program team and resilience program team.
The post holder reports to Programme Coordinator –WASH and In close coordination with Public Health Promoter and Sr. Programme Officer (s) also with other program teams. Position holder will also work closely with project staff of partners.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- A suitable qualification in the areas of WASH related engineering (Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, WASH Engineering). B.Sc. degree is required, M.Sc. preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in WASH programming including public health engineering both in urban and rural
- At least 2 years (inclusive/ exclusive 5 years experience) of experience in humanitarian response.
- Excellent experience in developing design, drawing, BoQs, water quality testing & monitoring of engineering activities.
- Experience on project cycle management, programme quality and community based approach is preferred.
- Good understanding and use of humanitarian international codes of conduct and minimum standards, especially the Red Cross Code and SPHERE standards.
More detailed of the key responsibilities, skills and competencies, please visit https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk by using the Job Reference Number INT3187
If you feel you can make a difference please visit https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk by using the Job Reference Number INT3187 (Please follow the proper procedure. Sending of irrelevant documents will be counted as disqualification.)
Application Deadline: 17 June, 2017 by 5:00 pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature.