mPower Social Enterprises Ltd.
- Duty Station- Head Office in Dhaka with occasional field visits as per project needs.
- We are looking for a Creative Web Designer to create amazing user experiences.
- The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design.
- They should also have superior user interface design skills.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Experience in e-commerce based CMS management such as WordPress etc.
- Knowledge and experience in WordPress CMS theme, plugin development.
- Analyse, design and develop dynamic Web Application based on project documents.
- Must have a good understanding of web production, mobile and desktop user interface and user experience and most importantly Responsive Web Design methods.
- Experience setting up and maintaining hosting environments and version control (BitBucket).
- Find ways to optimize website traffic using Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimization.
- Must have hands on SQL query writing skill for complex business requirements.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to code, design, develop, test and bug fix.
- Implement and maintain of new or existing web applications written in PHP.
- Good in communication, especially in English.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering from a reputed university.
- At least 2 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- Web Development
- Web Design
- IT System Management
- Project Management (a plus)
- Graphic Design (a plus)
- UX Design (a plus)
- Excellent analytical skill.
- Strong business understanding capacity.
- Ready to work under pressure.
- Hard working and good communication skills with willingness to learn latest techniques easily & quickly Strong work ethic, have experience in working with diverse multi-background team.
- Ability to work individually and independently with minimal supervision.
- Does not take work as pressure but enjoys challenges.
- Must be flexible, friendly and a good team player.
- Must possess high work ethics.
- Online Portfolio or Example of live work is preferable.
- Fluent in English.
- Anywhere in Bangladesh
- Competitive salary package
- In-house catering service for lunch & snacks
- Income tax paid by the company
- Two festival bonuses
- Indoor table tennis playing facility
- Annual company trip
- Online Job Posting
Application Deadline : Jul 20, 2017
mPower Social Enterprises Ltd.
Business : About mPower: mPower Social Enterprises was founded by graduate students of Harvard University and MIT in 2008. Currently based in Dhaka (Bangladesh), mPower has partnered with more than 30 of the world`s leading development organizations across 8 countries to amplify the impact of development programs through innovative use of ICTs. Our partners/ funders include BRAC, Save the Children, CARE International, Oxfam, Winrock International, The Asia Foundation, Grameen, World Bank, UNDP, UNICEF, WHO, DFID, USAID, Population Council, Harvard and Johns Hopkins University. mPower has won a number of competitive innovation awards both at international and national levels, including USAID Global Development Award, Gates Innovation Challenge, Grand Challenges Canada etc.
Vision: A world where everyone has access to quality services
Mission: We partner with development organizations to amplify the impact and outreach of their interventions by leveraging the power of information and communication technologies
We help implementers harness the power of innovative design, information technologies, and market forces to ensure delivery of quality services to the underserved
We design and build solutions that allow implementing organizations,
to provide more timely and higher quality services using frontline workforces
to collect field data for better decision-making, organizational learning and monitoring
to develop capacity of community members so as to positively influence choices and behavior
to empower community members to report abnormalities and hold service providers accountable
to take market-driven approaches to service delivery rather than subsidy-driven in order to ensure sustainability