Project Accounts Officer
Habitat for Humanity International
- Contract Based in Dhaka, duration up to December 31, 2017
Job Description / Responsibility
- Prepare cheque and review the cash disbursement voucher, journal voucher, deposit voucher and follow up the travel and regular advances for the project
- Responsible to prepare monthly and quarterly financial report and statements accurately and timely for the project along with necessary documents required for the donor under supervision of finance manager
- Ensure the effective use of HFHI-B’s financial resources and assets, proper maintenance of inventory and fixed assets registers
- Computing Income Tax and VAT on bills from the vendors as per Government rules and regulations and deposit to the Government treasury in timely manner
- Understand, abide by, implement of all financial policies, procedures and guidelines of Habitat and ensure preparing of all expected reports on time
- Assist Finance Manager/ Finance Department Head as per organization requirements and in preparing project budget & revision as well as maintaining and monitoring budgetary control
- Prepare cash flow statement, bank reconciliation statement, in monthly basis for project
- Maintain appropriate communication and relationship in the finance department as well as with others.
- The ideal person should have B. Com/ Master’s Degree in commerce (Accounting/ Management/ Finance) with 2-3 years of experience in accounting in reputed development organization
- 2 to 3 year(s)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office applications
- Willingness to travel to project area to ensure the implementation of the accounting practices and policies, purchasing practice, vendors, assets, petty cash spending, waste, possible fraud, and other identified function understanding the management concern, etc.
- Advanced knowledge on NGOAB rules and related legislation of governments Bangladesh Proven integrity and good character especially in the stewardship of resources, transparency and accountability and strong commitment to uphold the organization roots and principles
- Good organizational skills, able to handle a challenging workload and must be detail-oriented
- Sound English communications skills, both verbal and written
- Approximately Taka 42,000 gross per month
- Other benefits as per organizational policy. Project Completion Benefit equivalent of one month gross payment only for the successful completion of the project.
- Online Job Posting
please forward completed HFHB’s Job Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or send the same to The Human Resource Manager, Habitat for Humanity International- Bangladesh, House # 12 (3rd Floor), Road # 16/A Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212 by April 29, 2017 within 12:00pm.
* Our organization is committed to promote equal opportunities for women and men from different caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for all our positions. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Telephone enquiries or any form of persuasion will lead to disqualification
Application Deadline : Apr 29, 2017
Habitat for Humanity International
Address : House # 12 (3rd Floor), Road # 16/A, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212
Web : www.habitatbangladesh.org
Business : Habitat for Humanity International (‘HFHI’) is a non-profit ecumenical Christian organisation dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat for Humanity is founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, decent, affordable place to live in dignity and safety. Habitat for Humanity Bangladesh (HFHB) is a relativity small operation dedicated to the eradication of substandard housing and homelessness in Bangladesh.